Our Mission is…
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Our Boys & Girls Club provides…
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
- Hope and opportunity
Our Boys & Girls Club…
- Is affordable for all young people. Our membership fee is only $10 dollars per child for the entire year. Dues are kept low to enable all youth to participate. Everyone is able to belong on an equal basis regardless of their social or economic status. Scholarships are also available.
- Is for all boys and girls. Our Club is specifically designed to serve young people between the ages of six and 18 who are pursuing their education. Our Club accepts children of all races, religions and ethnic cultures. We require no proof of good character to join. Our Club will help and guide girls and boys who may be in danger of acquiring, or who already have acquired, unacceptable habits and attitudes, as well as boys and girls of good character.
- Has varied and diversified programs. Our Club conducts quality programming that recognizes and responds to the collective and individual needs of our members. We emphasize values inherent in the relationship between young people and their peers, and young people and adult leaders. Our Club will help young people to make satisfying choices in their physical, educational, personal, social, emotional and vocational lives.
- Has trained, professional staff in a safe, positive place. Our Club is led by full-time professionals and trained part-time staff and volunteers. Activities are held in the warm, friendly atmosphere of the Park Middle School Teen Center. Our Club is open to all members at any time during hours of operation of their age group.
Our Vision is…
- to provide Clubs in Lincoln near schools that have the greatest need
- to provide a Boys & Girls Club model program that is facility based, with diverse programs
- to train a staff of youth development professionals that are screened and trained to run quality programs.
- not to duplicate services and programs, but to provide a tighter safety net for children and youth.
- to outreach and partner with other similar services in Lincoln.
- to bring in the richness of the traditional programs existing in the community to the Club and our kids.