Unit Director – Park Teen Center
The Unit Director is responsible for establishing & overseeing planning, development, implementation, evaluation, data management, and direct delivery of a broad range of programs for youth between the ages of 6 and 18 within the Club including priority outcomes for Academic success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character and Citizenship Programs as they relate to designated Club programs in the areas of Character & Leadership Development, Education & Career Development, Health & Life Skills, the Arts, and Sports, Fitness & Recreation. Provides leadership and supervision to program and volunteer staff; and controls budgets & expenses as related with the three priority outcomes. This position will also be responsible to ensure successful programs are implemented as scheduled, use approved curriculum, and make recommendations on program changes based on the success of the programs. Tracking of successful outcomes and reporting is also required and reported to the Executive Director. The Unit Director must be able to adapt to flexible work schedules as established by management and maintain confidential information.
This individual will serve as an ambassador for the Boys & Girls Club of Lincoln/Lancaster County and must possess a positive attitude and be able to handle various requests for information from staff, the Executive Director, parents, donors and supporters.
• Oversees the implementation and delivery of all day to day operations, programs, services and activities that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Oversees the identification and evaluation of opportunities to improve program effectiveness based on participation and achievement of stated goals; recommends modifications to improve program performance, as appropriate.
• Oversees the growth strategy for average daily attendance and overall membership.
• Coordinates agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
• Ensures grant funded programs are executed on time and on budget.
• Manages administrative and operational processes.
• Manages performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, provides technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
• Plans and implements a staff development and training program.
• Develops collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
• Supports Board Committees, as assigned.
• Participates in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services and activities.
• Oversees proper record keeping for the program department.
• Manages human resource issues such as employee recruitment, employee relations, compensation, training, and compliance.
• Maintains accurate and complete measure program outcomes and maintains that data for grant reporting and marketing purposes.
• Manages member behavior and parent related concerns.
• Ensures staff use appropriate discipline.
• Oversees member management system and ensures accurate data & financial entries.
• Assists with special events as needed.
• Ensures a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
• Conducts regular staff meetings.
Supervises employees at the designated Club location. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Valid State Driver’s License, must be eligible to drive Club vehicles per our insurance
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree from college or university in preferred related field, i.e., Business, Human Services, Education, Recreation, or Social Work.
• Prefer a minimum of five years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
• Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
• Ability to assess the effectiveness of programs and activities.
• Knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Lincoln/Lancaster County and the principles and practices of a non-profit organization.
• Demonstration of ability to effectively communicate with different groups.
• Successful supervisory experience (recruit, interview, train, empower, coach, motivate).
• Managing facility within budget. Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community and business leaders.
• Ability to deal effectively with Club member discipline issues and communicate effectively with parents.
• Knowledge of: internet software; spreadsheet software (Excel); word processing software (Word); electronic mail software (Outlook); presentation software (PowerPoint); and Publisher software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Please email resume, cover letter and references to Amanda Garner at email@example.com or to Boys & Girls Club, 700 R St. Ste. 321, Lincoln, NE 68501.