Program Specialist/Youth Development Professional
The Program Aide/Youth Development Professional plans, implements and supervises members, and evaluates activities and outcomes within a specific program area, supporting our priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, Good Character and Citizenship.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- promote and stimulate program participation, especially for teens;
- register new members and participate in their Club orientation process;
- provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure Club and child safety, quality programs and good appearance of the branch at all times. Track and assess outcomes through periodic activity reports.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Valid State Driver’s License