“I started coming to The Boys & Girls when I was 11 years old. I came in as a shy, quiet child and turned into an open and expressive adult with a passion to help. As a member, I learned how to create relationships, express myself, and what it means to be a man. I still look up to my mentors from the Club and became a staff member to have that same impact on other students. As a new citizen of the United States, I have a different outlook on what life is like in U.S. My life experiences have taught me to exude positive energy to the people around me including the staff and members. At the Club, I have improved my literacy, created lasting friendships, and elevated my personal confidence. The Club has been a second home for me where I have experienced some of my most cherished memories. “
– Abe Tshiela, Club Alumni, Current Staff Member
Help Open the Door to a Great Future
At the Boys & Girls Club of Lincoln/Lancaster County, our mission is to inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
According to The Community Health Endowment of Lincoln’s “Place Matters” study, the Boys & Girls Club is located in an area of our city that has a high crime rate, high poverty rate, and high childhood obesity rate. We provide before and after school programs, and summer programs, that give youth ages 6 to 18 the tools and opportunities to succeed and overcome the challenges they face every day. Our Club is a fun place for youth to go to stay out of trouble, build relationships with caring, professional staff and other youth, engage in physical fitness activities, and gain knowledge in a variety of subjects.
The Boys & Girls Club has proven programs that reach more than 1,900 members throughout the year. Join us on Give to Lincoln Day (Thursday, May 30) and give our youth the opportunity for agreat future. Your investment in the Boys & Girls Club will:
- Ensure all kids, regardless of ability to pay, have a fun summer while participating in exciting research proven programs! At the end of the summer, the kids enrolled in our Kids Summer of Impact program will be able to return to school better prepared due to decreases in summer learning loss.
- Enable staff to purchase new toys, games and new academic tables and chairs for the Younger Member area of the Boys & Girls Club.
Your tax-deductible gift of any size – $10 or $10,000 – will help us reach our $50,000 goal and compete for a portion of the $450,000 Give to Lincoln Day matching challenge
You can make a difference by helping in the following ways:
- Give by Check: Write a check made payable to the Lincoln Community Foundation and include the Boys & Girls Club in the memo line. Please drop off or mail checks to the Boys & Girls Club Administration office at 700 R St. Ste. 321, Lincoln, NE 68501 by noon on May 30.
- Online donations: https://www.givetolincoln.com/nonprofits/boys-and-girls-clubs-of-lincolnlancaster-county. Donations to the Boys & Girls Club will be accepted from 12:00 a.m. on May 1 to 11:59 p.m. on May 30.
- Help us spread the word! Forward this information to your family and friends along with a personal note about your belief in helping the youth in Lincoln who need us the most and why they should give to the Boys & Girls Club on Give to Lincoln Day May 30th.
- Like us on our Boys & Girls Club Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BoysandGirlsClubsOfLincolnandLancasterCounty and spread the word about Give to Lincoln Day.
Thank you for your generous and continued support of the Boys & Girls Club. Our kids need you – Great futures start with you!